Hello, I am back. Actually, not quite yet. Weekend Predictions, your gateway to financial independence and cheap Auburn jokes, returns next week for yet another season. I'm not sure how long we've done this, maybe 20 years, which surpasses the official over/under in Las Vegas by 19 years, 49 weeks and 3 days, and, it follows, has somehow kept me employed. (Yeah, me!)
But I'm here today to tell you that "Sack Schultz," the contest subsidiary of Weekend Predictions, Inc., will be open for business on Sunday, Aug. 28. Just go to this updated link to register. To register for the contest you must use or create an AJC.com account log in. You won’t be able to access this year’s contest from last year’s link.
This is how the "Sack Schultz" contest works: Each week, there will be a slate of 15 college football games. You don't have to worry about point spreads. All you have to do is pick the winners. I suggest you try my system of choosing teams by jersey color, going in alphabetical order. But that's your decision.
There will be two sets of prizes. AJC weekly winners will receive a $25 Kroger gift card and weekly national winners will win an NCAA Fathead. The end-of-season grand prize for AJC readers will be two tickets to the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl. Remember: This season the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl is a college football playoff semifinal game, so it will match two of the four best teams in the nation (1 vs 4 or 2 vs. 3).
The grand prize for the national winner is your choice of a $2,500 Apple Vacation gift card or $2,500 in cash.
I also will be picking winners of the 15 games each week. Unfortunately, I'm not eligible to win the contest. So if you win and need companionship, I'm free.
Remember, registration opens Sunday, and the contest begins next week. Go to this link to enter the contest . Happy pickin'.
- Falcons reminding all: These games don't count
- Predicting Georgia Tech's season: game-by-game (from AJC special section
- Keanu Neal injury 'minor' but Falcons can't afford any bad news
- (Full Q&A) Chipper Jones likes Braves' future but says moves needed
- (Blog) Chipper Jones: Braves need moves but he likes future (and being back home)
- Eason will be Georgia's best QB but that doesn't mean he's best now
- Will Turner Field be Eden for Georgia State football?
- Ryan Lochte wins 'pariah medley' -- loses all 4 endorsement deals
- AP poll got it right but Dogs, Jackets will rise (and watch out for LSU)
- What does future hold for Braves' starters -- and Roger McDowell?
- Turner Field plans would be closer to 'dream' if they included Braves
- Preseason Overreaction, Week 2: Ryan, offense ease 'fears'
- Part of Braves' future (Swanson) arrives -- everybody please breathe
- Can Falcons' pass rush finally put Bryan Cox in a good mood?
- A-Rod may join Bonds in Miami? It seems so wrong but so right (UPDATE: Never mindl)
- Bill Curry knows: Georgia Tech needs a unifying presence for A.D.
- SEC correct to give Maurice Smith waiver, now it's time to junk rule
- Julio Jones rarely lost at Alabama, and he's tired of losing with Falcons
- Preseason Overreaction, Week 1: Matt Ryan is the No. 3 QB (kidding!)
- Maurice Smith: The player who caused Nick Saban to surrender
- Georgia Tech was dysfunction junction under Mike Bobinski
- Mike Bobinski won't be leaving Georgia Tech in great shape (update)
- Paul Johnson is at his best when people expect the worst