- Cy Brown DawgNation
Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.
Happy Signing Day, folks!
If you’re reading this early in the morning Wednesday, you can get a schedule of the expected announcement times of the prospects remaining on Georgia’s board by scrolling to the next section in this post. You can also just stay glued to DawgNation. Do that by clicking right here or on the DawgNation Facebook page.
Since everything moves so quick on Signing Day that anything I say in this post could be out of date in the hour or so after it publishes, I’m not going to say much at all. Instead, I’ll let the members of#RareBreed18 do the talking.
Below I’ve provide some of the best highlight packages from Georgia’s recruiting class of 2018. (Click on each player’s name for their Hudl profile and more videos.) And, might I say, there are some damn good highlights in this bunch. What else would you expect from one of the top classes in the country and arguably the best in UGA history?
Justin Fields, QB, 6-foot-3/221 *
Zamir White, RB, 6-1/220
Brenton Cox, DE/OLB, 6-4.5/247
Kearis Jackson, WR, 5-11.5/203
James Cook, RB, 5-11.5/181
Jamaree Salyer, G, 6-4/342
Luke Ford, TE, 6-6/248
Channing Tindall, ILB, 6-2/213
Nadab Joseph, CB, 6-1.5/180
Jake Camarda, K/P, 6-2/175
*Heights and weights via 247
MORE: Want this roundup in your inbox every morning? Sign up here!
As noted above, here is a tentative schedule of announcement for Georgia’s remaining targets via Jeff Sentell of DawgNation.
- 9 a.m.: 3-star defensive tackle Jordan Davis (Mallard Creek/Charlotte, N.C.)
- 10 a.m.: 5-star cornerback Tyson Campbell (American Heritage/Plantation, Fla.)
- 10 a.m.: 4-star linebacker Otis Reese (Lee County/Leesburg, Ga.)
- 10:30 a.m.: 3-star defensive tackle Tramel Walthour (Liberty County/Hinesville, Ga.)
- 11 a.m.: 4-star linebacker Quay Walker (Crisp County/Cordele, Ga.)
- 11:35-11:45 a.m.: 4-star wide receiver Tommy Bush (Samuel Clemens, Schertz, Texas)
- Noon: 4-star junior tight end Ryland Goede (Kennesaw Mountain/Kennesaw, Ga.); Goede is a 2019 recruit who is making his commitment announcement.
- 2:30 p.m.: 4-star defensive tackle Rick Sandidge (Concord/Concord, N.C.)
- TBA: 4-star wide receiver Antoine Green (Rockledge/Rockledge, Fla.).
Check out these posts from Chip Towers and Seth Emerson of DawgNation to get a handle on the prospects who could ink with Georgia on Wednesday.
It could be a banner year for Georgia football in the 2018 NFL Draft if the number of combine invites is anything to go by. Ten former Bulldogs have been invited to Indianapolis Feb. 27-March 5 to work out in front of pro scouts.
The most Georgia players taken in a single draft is eight, which happened most recently in 2013.
Now the moment everyones been waiting for…
— UW FB Recruiting (@PurpleReign_UW) February 6, 2018
— Big Country (@BenCleveland74) February 7, 2018
If you'll be coming to #AthensGA for #NSD2018, stop by the @ugalibscl to learn more about the origins of @FootballUGA with our museum exhibit 'Covered With Glory: Football at @universityofga, 1892-1917'. Free & open to the general public. #UGA #GoDawgs #CommitToTheG pic.twitter.com/wJDJaXksoW
— Hargrett Library (@hargrettlibrary) February 6, 2018
Tiny dog does huge belly flop pic.twitter.com/c9kLV4OLAy
— LADbible (@ladbible) February 6, 2018
Miss a previous edition of Good Day, UGA? Get caught up here .
The post These are the best highlight packages from UGA’s recruiting Class of 2018 appeared first on DawgNation.