Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 107-99 loss to the Spurs Monday night:
* Kawhi Leonard returned after missing one game with a concussion and led the Spurs with a game-high 31 points.
* Patty Mills, subbing for the injured Tony Parker, had 14 points and nine assists for the Spurs.
* Dennis Schroder led the Hawks with 22 points and 10 assists.
The Spurs were 16 of 34 from 3-point range, a season-high for the field goals. The Hawks were 6 of 22.
* The Hawks forced the Spurs into a season-high 23 turnovers.
* Tim Hardaway Jr. extended his streak to 19 games with a 3-pointer.
* Dwight Howard was 3 of 10 from the free-throw line.
* Jose Calderon was again the backup point guard but played just 10:27.
* Schroder was a nominee for NBA Player of the Week. John Wall (East) and Karl-Anthony Towns (West) were winners.
“We had a few empty possessions. Can’t have that against a good team.” – Paul Millsap
The Hawks have two days without a game as they return home to host the Grizzlies on Thursday.