Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms stated in an April 27 press release that she is restructuring her City Hall Cabinet and will soon “finalize new roles under a refreshed organizational chart.”
“I look forward to working with my new team to build an Atlanta that works for everyone,” the mayor said.
On April 9, Bottoms asked all current Cabinet members to submit resignations, later stating that not all resignations would be accepted.
Here is the list of current Cabinet members who will either “transition externally,” as the mayor said in her statement, or will move to other positions in city government. All of those listed below received bonuses in 2017 from former mayor Kasim Reed prior to his leaving office. The city has said that it wants to investigate whether the bonuses were legal.
-- Source: City of Atlanta
CURRENT CABINET MEMBERS WHO WILL LEAVE BOTTOMS’ TEAM
- J. Anthony “Jim” Beard (resignation effective May 18) -- City Financial Officer
- Jeremy Berry -- City Attorney
- Catherine Buell -- President and CEO, Atlanta Housing Authority
- Stephanie Stuckey Benfield -- Chief Resilience Officer
- Faye DiMassimo -- General Manager, Renew Atlanta
- Amy Phuong -- Commissioner of Parks and Recreation
- Anne Torres -- Communications Director
CURRENT CABINET MEMBERS WHO WILL MOVE TO OTHER CITY JOBS
CABINET POSITIONS THE CITY IS SEEKING TO FILL
- Aviation General Manager
- Fire Chief
- Chief Procurement Officer
- Commissioner of Human Resources
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Education Officer