University System of Georgia officials on Friday released data showing enrollment at its 28 institutions for this fall’s semester is again at an all-time high, with more than 325,000 students.
Here are five things to know from the report.
- Georgia State University continues to have the largest enrollment in the system, with 51,562 students. Its enrollment declined in 2016 by about 4 percent. This year, its enrollment increased by slightly more than 1 percent.
- Georgia Tech’s student enrollment increased by 9.4 percent, from 26,841 to 29,369, more than any institution in the system.
- Savannah State University’s enrollment declined more than institution in the system, from 4,955 students in 2016 to 4,429, a 10.6 percent drop.
- The system is continuing to be more racially-diverse. The report shows 49.8 percent of its students are non-white.
- More students are coming from outside the United States. Nearly 15,000 students are non-U.S. residents. About one-half of them attend Georgia Tech.
In other Education news: