If you have the summer off and want to make some seasonal cash, Atlanta’s not a bad place to be.
In fact, the metro just ranked seventh on the 2017 Best Places for Summer Jobs list by WalletHub, a personal finance website.
Analysts compared the country’s 150 most populated cities across two key dimensions: youth job market and social environment/affordability.
Twenty-one relevant metrics including availability of summer jobs and internships, summer employment growth, median income, rent and commuter-friendliness were measured for each city’s score.
WalletHub analysts used data from the Census, Indeed.com, Department of Housing and Urban Development among others for the study.
Only city propers were considered in the ranking, not cities in the metro area.
The best city for summer job seekers is Orlando, Florida, according to WalletHub. Orlando ranked first and second in youth job market and social environment/affordability, respectively.
Moreno Valley, California, ranked dead last on the list.
Atlanta (No. 7) scored in the top five for its youth job market and No. 60 in social environment/affordability.
The city also tied at first place with Miami, Florida for the highest number of available internships.
- Orlando, Florida
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Francisco, California
- Portland, Oregon
- Modesto, California
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Cincinnati, Ohio
The two other Georgia cities on the list, Augusta and Columbus, ranked in the bottom half at No. 138 and No. 143, respectively.
More jobs stories from The AJC:
- How to get a summer job as a lifeguard in metro Atlanta
- How to get a job at Zoo Atlanta this summer
- Need a summer job? Gwinnett parks hiring lifeguards
- How to get a job at the Tyler Perry Studios
- Meet this requirement if you want to become a Delta Air Lines flight attendant
- How to get a job at Coca-Cola
- AJC Top workplaces in Atlanta 2017
- Meet this requirement to snag a job at Six Flags Over Georgia