Posted Tuesday, February 6, 2018 by RODNEY HOfirstname.lastname@example.org on his AJC Radio & TV Talk blog
Every company has its stars but it's often the utility folks that are super valuable yet under-appreciated.
Matt "Knox" Shiflett was your classic utility man at what was Clear Channel and is now known as IHeartRadio Atlanta. Unfortunately, as the company nears a bankruptcy protection filing weighed down by an unwieldy $20 billion in debt, it's cutting costs any way it can figure out.
For one, that means Knox lost his job at rock station Alt 105.7. He announced the bad news on Facebook yesterday.
I have almost 12 years of memories, successes, life lessons, ideas, desires and dreams collected and achieved from my time that l will carry with me forever. I’m incredibly grateful for the life-long friendships I made and I’m happy to have been a part of so many magical things. I am not currently sure what’s next, but I can promise it’ll be fun, impactful, and good for the soul. Thank you to everyone I met, and had the pleasure of working with along the way. Forward.
Knox actually started his career at 99X in 2003 to 2006. At IHeartRadio, here are a sampling of the many jobs he had:
- Nights and intern coordinator of Project 9-6-1
- Weekends on the Bull
- Program Director of X101.5 in Tallahassee
- Morning Show Producer of the Rob and Dave show on 640 WGST
- Promotions tech for the Atlanta cluster
- Program Director of 640 WGST
- Promotions Director for Power 96.1 and Radio/Alt 105.7
- Nights, middays, nights again on air at Radio/Alt 105.7
- Host of Project Homegrown on Project 9-6-1 and locals only on Radio 105.7