After a holiday break, weekend roadwork, and resulting delays, will be underway again around metro Atlanta.
Among others, I-75 will see all lanes, northbound and southbound, closed for several hours Sunday morning between Windy Hill Road and Marietta Parkway. Here is the complete list of lane closures, according to the Georgia Department of Transportation.
- The Express Lanes project will require a traffic detour at I-75 southbound and the Canton Road Connector. Canton Road Connector traffic traveling I-75 southbound will be directed to take the I-75 northbound ramp to travel northbound to Barrett Parkway (Exit 269). Traffic will then be directed to turn left on Barrett Parkway followed by another left to then enter I-75 Southbound via the ramp from Barrett Parkway. The detour will take place from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
- A traffic pace will require all lanes to close northbound and southbound between Windy Hill Road and SR 120/Marietta Parkway from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
- The Express Lanes project will require two northbound and two southbound lanes closures between Windy Ridge Parkway and Windy Hill Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday.
- The South Metro Express Lanes project will require all northbound and southbound lanes to close for a traffic pace between Hudson Bridge Road and Mt. Zion Boulevard from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Sign structure work will require two northbound lanes to close between the Ga. Highway 120/South Marietta Parkway and Ga. 120/North Marietta Parkway from 8 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One lane will close between the I-75 interchange and GA. Highway 3/U.S. 41/Cobb Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for the Express Lanes project.
- One lane will close westbound ramp to I-85 northbound from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for concrete rehabilitation work.
- On the southwest side, two westbound lanes and one eastbound lane will close at Ga. Highway 42/U.S. 23/Moreland Avenue from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Up to three northbound and three southbound lanes will close on the eastside between Chamblee Tucker Road and the I-20 interchange from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for corrective striping work.
- The South Metro Express Lanes project will also require all northbound and southbound lanes to close on I-675 for a traffic pace between the I-75 interchange and Ga. 42/U.S. 23 from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
State routes, surface streets and highways
- Rolling lane closures on Ga. 400 will require one northbound and one southbound lane to close between Lenox Road and SR 140/Holcomb Bridge Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for striping.
- One lane will close on Dawson Boulevard (the I-85 access road) between Spaghetti Junction and Pleasant Hill Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Two westbound lanes and the on and off ramps will close between Ga. 12/U.S. 278 and Alcovy Road continuously from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One lane will close at the intersection of Ga. 237/Piedmont Road and Habersham Road from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- One northbound and southbound lane will close on Ga. 155/Candler Road between McAfee Road and Memorial Drive from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday for striping.
- Striping work will require various lane closure on Ga. 54/Jonesboro Road between Citizens Parkway and Oxford Drive from 9 a.m. to 5 a.m. Monday.