The Downtown Connector, I-20, I-285 and I-75 will see several lane closures this weekend as the result of road construction, according to the Georgia DOT. The connector will also see rolling closures through Monday morning.
- Northbound and southbound, rolling lane closures will take place between 10th, 14th and 17th Streets and University Avenue nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday to install raised pavement markers.
- One lane and the off-ramps will close southbound at SR 120 Loop/North Marietta Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday, to 12 p.m. Saturday and 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday for work on the Express Lanes Project.
- Work on the South Metro Express Lanes will require two lane closures southbound and northbound between Stockbridge Road and McDonough Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One northbound lane will close between Ga. 120 Loop/South Marietta Parkway and Canton Road Connector from 6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Two lanes will close southbound between Ga. 138 and the I-675 interchange from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Part of the exit ramp and gore will close northbound at the exit of Spring Street from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday to replace a crash attenuator (a structure alongside the highway that is designed to absorb the impact of a wayward vehicle.)
- Work on the South Metro Express Lanes project will require one lane closure southbound between McDonough Road and Ga. 20/Ga. 81 from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday for paving and guardrail repairs.
- Crews will stripe the northbound and southbound on and off ramps between Cleveland Avenue and the I-285 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. No ramps will close at any time.
- Two westbound lanes and the on and off ramps will close at Lee Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 12 p.m. Sunday.
- One lane will close westbound between Fairburn Road and Lee Road from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday for guardrail repairs.
- Two eastbound lanes will close between H.E. Holmes and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive and two westbound lanes will close between Langhorn Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Two eastbound lanes will close between Almon Road and SR 12/US 278 continuously from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- A rolling closure will require two southbound lanes to close between Camp Creek Parkway and Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Contractors will correct some striping on the Eastside Perimeter between the I-20 interchange and the I-85 interchange nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. The work will not require any lane closures.
- On the Eastside Perimeter, the right shoulder will close southbound at the I-20 interchange from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday.
- Sign structure work will require two westbound lane and one eastbound lane closures between the I-85 interchange and Old National Highway from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
State routes, highways and surface streets
- The Express Lanes project will also require a traffic detour at the Canton Road Connector and I-75 southbound. Traffic accessing I-75 southbound will be rerouted to take the I-75 northbound ramp to travel to Barrett Parkway. Traffic will be directed to turn left on Barrett Parkway and left again to access I-75 southbound. The traffic detour will start 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday, and 9 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday.
- One northbound and one southbound lane will close on Ga. 400 between Sidney Marcus Boulevard and Lenox Road from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- The intersection at Northside Drive and Collier Road will close for waterline installation. Traffic will be detoured around the intersection from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- Resurfacing work will require one lane closure on Ga. Highway 138 between Ga. Highway 54/Jonesboro Road and Government Circle and one lane closure on Ga. 54/Jonesboro Road between Citizens Parkway and Oxford Drive from 9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday.
- On Campbellton Road/Langford Parkway, one eastbound lane and one westbound lane will close between Barge Road to Sylvan Road nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- One lane will close on Old National Highway from the Fayette County line to Roosevelt Highway from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for resurfacing.
- On North Main Street in Alpharetta, one lane will close between Canton Street and Winthrope Chase Drive nightly from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for paving.
- All lanes will close on Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway between Joseph E. Lowery Boulevard and James P. Brawley Drive from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday for a parade.
- From Alpharetta Highway no turn will be permitted onto Magnolia Street or Canton Street from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
- A portion of East Point Street will close between Church Street/West Forest Avenue and West Cleveland Avenue from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Lanes will close on Old National Highway between Creel Road and Burdett Road from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Saturday for an event.