The AJC's daily commuting blog has attracted nearly 1 million page views since it launched in late April.
That high level of interest in all things commuting is probably no surprise to the millions of residents forced to shove their way through traffic or navigate the region's uneven patchwork of transit systems. The appetite for knowledge about how to avoid slowdowns today and address future needs with smart transportation planning is seemingly insatiable.
But what topics resonated with readers the most? Here's a look back at some of the most popular blogs over the last year.
- America's deadliest interstate is in Georgia, study says http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/11/06/americas-deadliest-interstate-is-in-georgia-study-says/
- C'mon man! Airport sign shames Atlanta http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/06/10/cmon-man-airport-sign-shames-atlanta/
- When does it stop? Another truck crash kills three on I-16 http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/06/19/another-truck-crash-kills-three-on-i-16/
- Higher gas taxes start tomorrow in Georgia http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/06/30/higher-gas-taxes-start-tomorrow-in-georgia/
- Atlanta approves streetcar expansion plan http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/09/atlanta-approves-streetcar-expansion-plan/
- Redesigned Ga. 400/I-285 interchange inches closer to reality http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/05/25/redesigned-i-285ga-400-interchange-inches-closer-to-reality/
- New walkable villages planned near MARTA stations http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/05/05/new-walkable-villages-planned-near-marta-stations/
- You might be wrong about roundabouts http://commuting.blog.ajc.com/2015/08/25/you-might-be-wrong-about-roundabouts/