Atlanta’s SweetWater Brewing Co. and Boston’s Boston Beer Co. have been engaged in a lively Falcons vs. Patriots Super Bowl Twitter War, led by the companies’ respective media mavens, SweetWater’s Tucker Berta Sarkisian and Boston’s Ashley Leduc.
As things were getting really real, we asked Sarkisian and Leduc to square off once again, giving us the Top Five Reasons their teams and cities will be the winner on Sunday.
They responded by upping the ante and getting their bosses into the game.
And so, days before it all goes down on the gridiron, here’s the word from Freddy Bensch, the founder and “Big Kahuna” of SweetWater Brewing Co., and Jim Koch, the founder of Boston Beer Co. and brewer of Samuel Adams.
Top 5 Reasons the Patriots will win the Super Bowl, according to Boston Beer Co.
5. The only thing better than the Sam Adams’ seasons is the Pat’s season.
4. We won three Super Bowls with a linebacker named Brewski (though he spelled it Bruschi). Both Bruschis and brewskis are on the side of the Pats.
3. The water may be sweet down south, but we love our dirty water up north. In fact, New Englanders drink more beer per capita than Georgians so we have fan and drinker power behind us. #bostonyouremyhome
2. Brady and Bellichick go together like hops and malt in Boston Lager.
1. A fresh Boston Lager will taste like sweet water when Roger Goodell awards the Lombardi trophy to Tom Brady.
And the final word on the game, according to Jim Koch, the founder of Boston Beer Co. and brewer of Samuel Adams.
“There is no other option for this game but to end in a win for the Patriots. For New England fans, the ultimate victory would be beating Roger Goodell and adding one more Super Bowl ring to our collection. On Sunday, when the time runs out and the confetti starts flying, I hope it’s the Patriots’ colors I see up on stage with the trophy. I’ll be watching proudly in Boston with a Sam Adams in hand.”
Top 5 Reasons the Falcons will win the Super Bowl, according to SweetWater Brewing Co.
5. Falcons run on 420; Patriots run on “hard tea.”
4. Matty Ice eats Varsity dogs; Brady eats macrobiotic tofu.
3. Falcons have SweetWater, Waffle House, Delta, Outkast, Ludacris, and Widespread Panic. Patriots have Wahlburgers and the band, Boston.
2. Falcons never get scared when it’s 4th and 20.
1. Unlike this guy, Falcons always make good decisions:
And the final word on the game, according to Freddy Bensch, the founder and “Big Kahuna” of SweetWater Brewing Co.
“We stocked the Patriots’ hotel with Varsity dogs and 420 to screw with Brady's diet, and we told Gronk he could drown his sorrows at our brewery when they lose. No need to pull the fire alarm; game’s in the bag. Falcons win.”