When/where: 7:30 p.m. today, TD Garden
TV: Fox Sports Southeast
Stream: Fox Sports Go
Radio: 92.9 The Game
Injuries: Hawks—Dennis Schroder (shoulder) is questionable; DeAndre’ Bembry (groin) is out.
Celtics say Kyrie Irving (quad), Marcus Morris (hip but really his butt), Marcus Smart (hand), and Shane Larkin (knee) are all out tonight vs. the Hawks.— Chris Forsberg (@ESPNForsberg) February 2, 2018
What to watch for: The Hawks are seeking their first victory in three meetings against the Celtics, who won twice at Philips Arena in November.
The Hawks have lost four of their past five as their defense, good during a 7-7 month, has faltered. Charlotte guard Kemba Walker went off for 38 points on 20 shots during his team’s 123-110 victory at Philips Arena on Wednesday.
Hawks point guard Dennis Schroder, the team's leading scorer, finished the Hornets game after suffering a right shoulder injury, but is questionable to play at Boston. If Schroder is out, the Hawks could struggle to score against the NBA’s most efficient defense. But Schroder’s absence could give the Hawks a better chance on defense against the Celtics, who rank 17th in offensive efficiency.
Celtics star point guard Kyrie Irving is out because of injury. He averaged 32.5 points in the two games against the Hawks while making 24 of 34 shots. However, the Celtics faced the Knicks on Wednesday without Irving and still rolled to a 103-73 victory at home. Terry Rozier made his first career start and recorded a triple-double with 17 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
- Hawks: The case for keeping Kent Bazemore
- Which Hawks player has the most trade value?
- After 'begging and waiting' for chance, Hawks rookie Dorsey cracks rotation
- Watch: Bazemore does it all to lift Hawks past Timberwolves
- Ten observations from Hawks victory over Timberwolves
- Mock draft roundup: Will Hawks take Doncic, Ayton or Bagley?
- Draft lottery watch: Can Hawks hold off Kings for top spot?
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Wizards
- Hawks: Taurean Prince still searching for consistency in Year 2
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Raptors
- Bazemore on trade rumors: 'If up to me, I want to bring a championship here'
- Ten observations from Hawks victory over Jazz
- Ten observations from Hawks loss to Bulls
- With Hawks, Dewayne Dedmon shows he can be more than NBA backup