FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons coach Dan Quinn put the team through it’s second OTA (non contact) practice on Thursday.
Here are the five things we learn:
1. Right guard battle. Wes Schweitzer and Ben Garland will bet the first shot at replacing Chris Chester at Right guard.
2. Trufant comeback. Cornerback Desmond Trufant may return from pectoral surgery to get some action in two weeks. The Falcons were hoping he’d return by training camp.
3. Hill has hands. Rookie running back Brian Hill made a nice catch on a pass thrown behind him in the individual drills.
4. Bryant showed up. At the end of practice, place kicker Matt Bryant walked up to the facility from the player’s parking lot. He was excused from the OTA session.
5. Injury report. Trufant, wide receiver Julio Jones, tight end D.J. Tialavea, safety/linebacker Kemal Ishmael, defensive end Adrian Clayborn and defensive end/tackle Derrick Shelby were held out of the OTA.
THE FALCONS 2017 DRAFT