FLOWERY BRANCH -- Here are five things we learned at Falcons practice on Monday:
1. Collins practices. Suspended cornerback Jalen Collins, who will miss the first 10 games of the season, practiced with the team on Monday. He will speak to the media after practice. Should the Falcons part ways with Collins? Check back later for updates.
2. One-on-one. Vic Beasley and right tackle Ryan Schraeder had a nice battle in the one-on-one drills. We'll call it a draw. Good effort and speed were displayed by both players. Rookie Takkarist McKinley got the best off converted tackle D.J. Tialavea in their matchup. Tialavea let loose with an expletive after the battle.
3. Schweitzer starts. It was Wes Schweitzer's day to open at the right guard position.
4. Injury report. Free safety Ricardo Allen had on a black (no contact) jersey. He has a shoulder injury. Defensive end Martin Ifedi (ankle), defensive end/tackle Jack Crawford (groin) and offensive tackle Kevin Graf (right arm) were working out with the training staff.
5. Cut blocking day. The running backs and offensive linemen were working on their cut blocks. They dove into a blocking dummy and landed on a big red pad