Atlanta was the only team to beat Carolina this year. The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter joined CineSport’s Noah Coslov in San Francisco to explain how it happened & to give a Super Bowl prediction.
SAN FRANCISCO – Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff and Dan Quinn made their rounds on radio row today before sitting down with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution for an exclusive interview.
(We’ll post those stories later.)
Just wanted to give your 5 quick things we learned from Dimitroff and Quinn during their radio row appearances.
Here’s what we learned:
1. RYAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE: It’s foolish, but some folks believe the Falcons need to start looking for a quarterback to replace Matt Ryan. “We have the utmost confidence in Matt,” said Dimitroff on the Schein on Sports show on Sirius Radio. “He’s going to be at our place for a long, long time.”
2. RODDY DECISION NOT MADE YET: The Falcons decision on Roddy White will be based on what he can contribute to the team and how he fits in the system. His contract situations is not onerous. While his contract can be restructured to lower his salary cap number, money isn’t the issue. “We will take a good hard look at his situation,” Dimitroff said. Falcons coach Dan Quinn likes White’s football spirit. “He’s always ready to battle,” Quinn said.
3. PASS RUSH PRIORITY: The Falcons adding a pass rusher is still the team’s No. 1 offseason priority.
4. INTERIOR OFFENSIVE LINE: The Falcons will be looking to add a center and/or guards in free agency. They plan to improve the interior of the offensive line. “We have some interior things that we are going to continue to look at,” Dimitroff said.
5. BALL HAWKING A PRIORITY: Quinn noted that the Falcons were 7-1 when they were even or plus in the turnover ratio. “We’re not there yet,” Quinn said when discussing ball-hawking.
FALCONS END OF SEASON STORIES