FLOWERY BRANCH -- The Falcons have their draft board set and are making final re-checks of players for the draft, which is set for April 27-29 in Philadelphia.
Here are the five things we learned about the NFC champions this week:
1. Basham to visit. Ohio pass rusher Tarell Basham is set to workout for defensive line coach Bryant Young on Tuesday in Athens, Ohio and visit the Falcons on Friday. He's visiting the Saints on Thursday.
2. Replacing Chester. The Falcons worked out Utah linemen Garett Bolles and Isaac Asiata and have Western Kentucky's Forrest Lamp scheduled for a visit. There's a vacancy with the retirement of right guard Chris Chester.
3. Kiper on the Falcons. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper told me that the Falcons need to blend the concept of drafting the best player available with their need for another pass rusher.
4. Falcons are likely not opening in New England. Several issues, including the timetable on completion of the new stadium, will keep the Falcons from opening the season in a Super Bowl rematch at the Patriots.
5. Ryan's charity golf tournament is set. All-Pro quarterback Matt Ryan's charity golf tournament is set for Monday. He and wife Sarah recently took over the team's snap chat channel.