FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things we learned Wednesday about the Falcons (6-6), who play at Carolina (12-0) in a NFC South game at 1 p.m. Sunday at Bank of America Stadium. The Falcons have dropped five straight and six of seven.
1. QUINN OWNS NEWTON: The Falcons coach is 3-0 against the Panthers over the past two seasons while defensive coordinator with Seattle. The Seahawks beat the Panthers 12-7 to open the 2013 season on Sept. 8, 2013, 13-9 on Oct. 26, 2014 and 31-17 in the divisional round of the playoffs on Jan. 10, 2015. That was Newton's last defeat. How will the Falcons try to stop Newton?
2. JULIO JONES LIMITED WITH KNEE INJURY: Jones, who leads the league in catches (102) and receiving yards (1,338 yards), was limited in practice by a knee injury.
3. WHY RYAN WAS SCREAMING AT NICK WILLIAMS?: He didn't adjust his route and come back to the ball when Ryan was under duress on a key third down against the Bucs. (Video Below)
4. JALEN COLLINS UPDATE: Falcons rookie Jalen Collins needs to come up big down the stretch for the defense.
5. IS JOSH NORMAN DELUSIONAL?: He claims he's the top cornerback in the NFL.
GAME COVERAGE -- BUCCANEERS 23, FALCONS 19