FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things we learned Thursday about the Falcons (6-7), who play at Jacksonville (5-8) at 1 p.m. Sunday at EverBank Field. The Falcons have dropped six straight and seven of the past eight games.
1. SHANAHAN ON THE OFFENSE: “We have a lot of areas to improve on,” Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan finally admitted on Thursday. “We understand that we’ve been struggling. I understand that it starts with me. We are looking at every facet. We’ve changed stuff throughout this stretch, but we haven’t gotten it done though.”
2. STONE GOES DOWN: James Stone suffered a knee injury in practice on Wednesday and will not play against the Jaguars.
3. WORRILOW, CHESTER RETURN: Falcons linebacker Paul Worrilow (knee), the team's leading tackler, and right guard Chris Chester (right shoulder) returned to practice on Thursday.
4. DIMARCO HONORED: On Tuesday, December 15, the 6th Annual Atlanta Falcons Community Honors Dinner fullback Patrick DiMarco was honored as the 2015 Atlanta Falcons Walter Payton Man of the Year.
5. JUILO JONES ON TRICKERATION: Wide receiver Julio Jones said that teams have been "tricking" the Falcons.