FLOWERY BRANCH – Led by head coach Dan Quinn, the Falcons traveled out West this week to hold private workouts while 27 players gathered in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. to hold a three-day passing game.
It was an awesome week for linebacker Sean Weatherspoon, who found an
uncashed check for more than $138,000 while packing up the house to move b
ack to Atlanta.
Here are five things we learned about the Falcons this week:
1. Go West: The Falcons made stops Boise State, Washington State, UCLA, Stanford and San Jose State. At Boise State they were interested in linebacker/defensive end Kamalei Correa and safety Darian Thompson. At Washington State they worked out guard Joe Dahl.
2. Locals day is Wednesday: The Falcons will host their locals day on Wednesday. Georgia defensive tackle Sterling Bailey (East Hall) has been invited.
3. Boykin has workout: Dazzling Texas Christian quarterback Trevone Boykin told reporters at his pro day that he has a workout scheduled with the Falcons for April 12. He’s considered a wide receiver prospects by some teams. Also, Florida defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard has either a visit and/or workout with the Falcons.
4. Ragland watch: Alabama linebacker Reggie Ragland told SiriusXM NFL radio that the Falcons, Bears, Saints and Dolphins have been in contact the most. The Bears (11), Saints (12) and Dolphins (13) all pick before the Falcons, who are slotted 17th.
5. Red Uniforms: The Falcons
could end up wearing all red uniforms if they play in a Thursday night game.
Hopefully, they’ll pass out sun glass for that game. Don’t know why they won’t bring back the all-black uniforms.
FREE AGENCY STORIES
Falcons' Dan Quinn loyal to Shanahan, staff, amid heat
Linebacker Jerrell Freeman won't be joining Falcons
Falcons mulit-level free agency makeover underway
Weatherspoon hopes to revive career, where it started
Falcons, O'Brien Schofield at impasse
Falcons agree to five-year deal with center Alex Mack
Mohamed Sanu: 'I'm not trying to fill anybody's shoes'
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
Alabama defensive tackles (A'Shawn and Jarran) are NFL-ready
Falcons defensive line coach Bryan Cox gets into shoving match at NFL combine
Floyd, Jenkins are stellar NFL prospects
Firm helps NFL prospects prepare for newfound wealth -- 7 financial pitfalls they'll face
Ex-Georgia linebacker Jordan Jenkins has met with the Falcons
Clemson's Shaq Lawson interviewed with the Falcons
Nkemdiche has uphill battle to improve NFL draft status
Nkemdiche would love to play for the Falcons
14 questions with Georgia Tech standout Adam Gotsis
Falcons checking out interior linemen at the combine
18 questions with Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff
Quinn still evaluating the roster -- Nothing new on Roddy White
7 players the Falcons are watching at the combine
13 questions with Falcons coach Dan Quinn
5 questions with Duke punter Will Monday (Flowery Branch High)
26 State prospects hope to make impact at NFL combine
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES
Synthetic turf chosen for Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Falcons cheerleader training session on Saturday
Falcons' Smith leaving to run Ohio State's alumni association
5 positions for the Falcons to shore up
Dimitroff, Quinn have activated the '100-day' plan
Stay or go: Pick Falcons' defense
Stay or go: Pick Falcons' offense
Falcons owner Arthur Blank vows to fight cancer, move on Super Bowl bid
Here's what Blank is facing medically
Falcons released safety William Moore, linebacker Justin Durant
Falcons' Matt Ryan picks Panthers win Super Bowl 50
Arthur Blank on Dimitroff, PSLs and Super Bowl bid
Falcons leaning toward keeping Roddy White