FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things we learned Friday about the Falcons (6-7), who play at Jacksonville (5-8) at 1 p.m. Sunday at EverBank Field.
1. A STARR IS BORN?: Outside linebacker Tyler Starr, who was drafted as a seventh-round project out of South Dakota in 2014, was promoted to the 53-man roster. He replaced center James Stone, who suffered a torn ACL in practice on Wednesday.
2. WORRILOW OUT: Falcons head coach Dan Quinn declared linebacker Paul Worrilow out for the game with a knee injury. He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Nate Stupar.
3. STUPAR AND WHEELER: Stupar has played in 13 games and made two starts. He's a liability in coverage, so Philip Wheeler is expected to play in passing situations.
4. YELDON IS DOUBTFUL: Jacksonville running back T.J. Yeldon is officially listed as doubtful, but is not expected to play on Sunday.
5. PRO BOWL VOTES ARE IN: The Falcons voted on Wednesday for the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl team will be announced on Tuesday. Some of the Falcons candidates include wide receiver Julio Jones, running back Devonta Freeman, fullback Patrick DiMarco, cornerback Desmond Trufant and punter Matt Bosher.