DENVER -- Here are 5 things to mull over before today's 4:25 p.m. kickoff between the surprising Atlanta Falcons (4-1) and the NFC West leading Seattle Seahawks (3-1) at CenturyLink Field.
LEAD STORY: Quin and mentor Carroll share tight bond
On the hot seat: Julio Jones
The X-Factor: The Falcons pass rush
3 Key Matchup: Falcons at Seattle
Analytics: Ryan sets pace on deep throws
1. JULIO JONES VS. RICHARD SHERMAN: There's been a lot of talk about this week's marquee matchup. Richard Sherman, the four-time Pro Bowler, will shadow Jones at times. But he's not fast enough to be left with Jones one-on-one. Free safety Earl Thomas will likely be nearby assisting Sherman is some type of match-up zone. Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan shared his thoughts on the dynamic Sherman.
2. WEATHER FORECAST: Seattle is forecast to have showers with a high of 60 degrees and a low of 54 degrees today.
3. RADIO AND TELEVISION: Fox will televise the game with Chris Meyers, Ronde Barber and Jen Hale announcing. Wes Durham, Dave Archer and John Michaels will call the game for 92.9 The Game with the Countdown to Kickoff show being handled by Ryan Cameron and Mike Conti.
4. NFL OFFICIAL CREW: Corrente crew -- R: Tony Corrente (99), FJ: Buddy Horton (82), U: Dan Ferrell (64), SJ: Rob Vernatchi (75), HL: Patrick Turner (13), BJ Todd Prukop (30), LJ: Bart Longson (2), RO: Russell Yurk. Corrente has been an NFL official since 1995. He was the referee for Super Bowl XLI.
5. SERIES RECORD: 15th regular-season meeting. Seahawks lead the series 9-5. The Seahawks won the last meeting 33-10 on Nov. 10, 2013. The Falcons have won the last two games played in Seattle, a 30-28 win in 2011 and 34-18 in 2010.
[cmg_cinesport url="http://cinesport.ajc.com/embed/ajc-atlanta-sports/d-led-falcons-locker-room-vibe-4-1/"]The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter is in Seattle and joins Noah Coslov to compare this year’s start to last year’s and get into how the Falcons will attack the Seahawks’ defense on Sunday.
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Panthers 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons' rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn't what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons' Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Raiders
Trufant's heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the "no-huddle" blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can't 'gift' opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC'S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case