ARLINGTON, Tex. – Here are five things to mull over before today’s 1 p.m. kickoff between the Falcons (2-0) and the Cowboys (2-0) at AT&T Stadium:
1. Matt Ryan vs. Sean Lee. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is adapt at exploiting mismatches. Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee is a film study maven and will know all of the Falcons moves. He was calling out the Eagles plays before they ran them to his teammates last week when he had 14 tackles, an interception and recovered an onsides kick.
2. Roddy White vs. Morris Claiborne. With Orlando Scandrick out, the Cowboys have had to start Claiborne at cornerback. After being selected with the sixth overall pick in 2012, Claiborne has been a disappointment. White after not catching a pass for the first time in 130 games will be ready to contribute in a major way. Claiborne has played well over the first two games.
3. Dallas’ depleted defensive line. Starting defensive end Jeremy Mincey was ruled out with a concussion on Friday. The Cowboys learned earlier this week that defensive tackle Terrell McClain (sprained big toe) was lost for the season. Rookie defensive end Randy Gregory (ankle) and defensive end Greg Hardy (suspension) are also out.
4. Collins to start. Former LSU standout La’el Collins will get his first start at left guard, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones announced on the team’s radio station on Friday.
5. Witten’s streak. Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, despite two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, is expected to play and extend his consecutive games played streak to 190 games.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter tells CineSport’s Brian Clark how the Falcons scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to beat the Giants 24-20 at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 24, Giants 20
GIANTS WEEK COVERAGE
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE -- FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
LIVING THAT BLOG LIFE