Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Tuesday:
1. Jones injury update. All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones (ankle) was limited in practice on Monday. He's expected to fully participate in Wednesday's practice. Defensive end Dwight Freeney (back), defensive end Adrian Clayborn (shoulder) and safety Kemal Ishmael (shoulder) all returned to practice.
2. Winston poised for success. One national broadcaster thinks Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston is poised for superstardom and he believes the Bucs could be this season's "surprise" team.
3. Gabriel on board. The Falcons welcomed new wide receiver Taylor Gabriel. Last season with the Cleveland Browns, Gabriel had 28 catches for 241 yards after finishing his 2014 rookie season with 36 catches for 621 yards and a touchdown.
4. Johnson, Olatoye added. Running back Gus Johnson and cornerback Deji Olatoye were added to the Falcons’ practice squad on Monday. The Falcons signed wide receiver J.D. McKissic, defensive end Nordly Capi, cornerback Devonte Johnson, nose tackle Joey Mbu, safety Sharrod Neasman, quarterback Matt Simms and tight end D.J. Tialavea to the practice squad on Sunday. The Falcons have filled 9 of 10 practice squad spots.
5. Depth chart. The team's first official regular-season depth chart will be released later today. Chris Chester will man the right guard spot and it will be interesting to see if the team list rookies Deion Jones and De'Vondre Campbell as the starters at middle linebacker and weakside linebacker, respectively.
Here's the depth chart for the initial 53-man roster.
ATLANTA FALCONS INITIAL 53-MAN ROSTER
WR 11 Julio Jones,16 Justin Hardy, 14 Eric Weems
LT 70 Jake Matthews, 76 Tom Compton
LG 67 Andy Levitre, 71 Wes Schweitzer
C 51 Alex Mack, 63 Ben Garland
RG 65 Chris Chester, 68 Mike Person
RT 73 Ryan Schraeder, 76 Tom Compton
TE 83 Jacob Tamme, 81 Austin Hooper, 80 Levine Toilolo,, 82 Joshua Perkins
WR 12 Mohamed Sanu,19 Aldrick Robinson, 18 Taylor Gabriel
QB 2 Matt Ryan, 8 Matt Schaub
RB 24 Devonta Freeman, 26 Tevin Coleman, 28 Terron Ward
FB 42 Patrick DiMarco
DE 99 Adrian Clayborn, 50 Brooks Reed, 93 Dwight Freeney
DT 94 Tyson Jackson , 95 Jonathan Babineaux
DT 97 Grady Jarrett, 91 Courtney Upshaw
DE 90 Derrick Shelby, 77 Ra’Shede Hageman
LB 44 Vic Beasley Jr., 41 Philip Wheeler
LB 55 Paul Worrilow, 45 Deion Jones, 53 LaRoy Reynolds
LB 56 Sean Weatherspoon, 59 De’Vondre Campbell
CB 23 Robert Alford, 29 C.J. Goodwin
CB 21 Desmond Trufant, 34 Brian Poole
S 37 Ricardo Allen, 27 Robenson Therezie
S 22 Keanu Neal, 36 Kemal Ishmael, 38 Dashon Goldson
K 3 Matt Bryant
KO 5 Matt Bosher
P 5 Matt Bosher
KR 26 Tevin Coleman,14 Eric Weems
PR 14 Eric Weems, 16 Justin Hardy, 15 Nick Williams
LS 47 Josh Harris
H 5 Matt Bosher