The Falcons fell to the Seahawks 26-24 on a controversial call. The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and DJ Sixsmith discuss the missed pass interference call towards the end of the game.
After losing 26-24 to the Seattle Seahawks, the Falcons (4-2) are set to face the rested San Diego Chargers (2-4) at 4:05 Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Tuesday:
1. Injury report. Falcons coach Dan Quinn didn't have any updates on defensive tackle Derrick Shelby (ankle/foot/calf), wide receiver Taylor Gabriel (concussion) or cornerback C.J. Goodwin (hamstring).
2. Linebacker update. After Falcons rookie linebackers Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campbell were limited to part-time duty in their return from ankle injuries Quinn said both players could return to the starting lineup against the Chargers.
Jones (ankle) played 26 of 66 defensive snaps against the Seahawks on Sunday and Campbell (high ankle sprain) played 21.
3. Collins update. Cornerback Jalen Collins was inactive for the second straight game since returning from a four-game league suspension. Quinn said Collins had a good practice week before the Seahawks game and “is ready to play.”
4. NFL to review non-call. Quinn said he expects officials in the NFL office to review the controversial play that ended his team’s hopes of winning at Seattle. Game officials did not penalize Seahawks cornerback
Richard Sherman for grabbing wide receiver Julio Jones’ right arm with the ball in the air on what turned out to be the Falcons’ final play.
5. Matthews block not a cheap shot. Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett called out Falcons tackle Jake Matthews for a cut block that forced Bennett to leave Sunday’s game with a knee injury. After the game Bennett told the Seattle Times that the block was a “scary, (expletive) move. Honestly, I think if you dive at someone else’s legs, you’re a little (expletive).”
Quinn said the block was not a "cheap shot."
GAME SIX: Seahawks 26, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Seahawks
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons didn't win, but they made one guy believe (me)
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons got jobbed but did themselves proud
Matt Ryan's turnovers were costly
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Seattle slows down Falcons' running backs Freeman, Coleman
Ryan Schraeder, offensive line rebounds in second half
Julio Jones: 'It was just a missed call'
What the Falcons had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Richard Sherman non-committal on pass interference non-call
PHOTOS: Falcons at Seahawks in Seattle
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons' rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn't what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons' Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Raiders
Trufant's heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the "no-huddle" blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can't 'gift' opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC'S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case