FLOWERY BRANCH -- Here are five things to know about the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday.
1. Practice today. The Falcons will practice at 10 a.m. today. Please note that Wednesday's practice is a walk-through and will be closed to the public.
2. Keanu Neal out on Monday. Falcons first-round pick Keanu Neal did not practice on Monday. "We held a couple of guys out today," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. "We held out (strong safety Keanu) Neal, (running back Terron) Ward, and (tight end Levine) Toilolo. They will be back in various degrees shortly. Neal had what Quinn described as a "trunk" injury. Ward (lower ankle) and Toilolo (hand) were also injured.
3. The return of Trufant. Cornerback Desmond Trufant, who didn't participate in the Friday Night Lights practice with a hip injury, returned on Monday. "It was good to get back Trufant into the groove today, so it was nice to see him back in. Other than that we are doing good and healthy as we’re heading into preparation for the game Thursday.”
4. Freeney's debut. Defensive end Dwight Freeney is "unlikely" to play against the Washington football club, according to Quinn.
5. More on Moore's retirement. Just three days after signing with the Falcons, 10-year veteran wide receiver Lance Moore elected to retire on Monday instead of trying to work his way into Atlanta’s increasingly deep receiving corps. Though Moore’s veteran savvy would have been a nice addition to the Falcons, Quinn and No. 1 receiver Julio Jones don’t lament Moore’s decision to step away. “I have a lot of respect for him,” Quinn said. “I thought it was real admirable, his approach. What a pro, to say, hey, my heart’s not in it. I want to make sure I’m not taking the opportunity from someone else.”
TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE
9 - Tuesday, public practice, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
10 - Wednesday -- Walk through -- closed to public
11 – Thursday vs. Washington 7 p.m. (Georgia Dome).
12 – Friday, closed practice.
13 - Saturday, players off.
14 – Sunday, public practice, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
15 – Monday, public practice, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
16 – Tuesday, public practice: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS -- POSITION BY POSITION