The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and Noah Coslov get into the area the Falcons need to repair immediately. Plus, they update the RB situation and what defenses are doing to WR Julio Jones.
FLOWERY BRANCH -- The Atlanta Falcons (4-3) are set to face the Green Bay Packers (4-2) at 4:25 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Thursday:
1. Practice. The Falcons will practice at 1:55 p.m. today. Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will address the media after practice.
2. Injury report. Running back Tevin Coleman (hamstring strain) and defensive end Dwight Freemey (quadriceps) did not practice on Wednesday. Coach Dan Quinn wouldn't tell us the grade of Coleman's strain. Grade 1 is not so bad (mild muscle strain or pull). Grade 2 is problematic (partial muscle tear) and Grade 3 (complete muscle tear) is a long-term deal.
CLICK HERE to Read up on hamstring injuries.
3. Will Falcons fade again? The Falcons started 6-1 in 2015. Then they lost to the Buccaneers in a game that included an especially deflating play and then lost their next five games en route to an 8-8 finish. The Falcons are 4-3 this season after blowing a 17-point lead to the Chargers on Sunday for their second consecutive loss.
Could that be the start of a similar fade in 2016?
4. Where's Matty Ice? After two late-game interceptions, some are asking what's happened to Matty Ice.
He's the one who led the Falcons on 32 game-winning drives and 24 come from behind wins, according to profootballreference.com
5. Tale of the tape. Here's how the Falcons and Packers stack up statistically:
GAME SEVEN: Chargers 33, Falcons 30 in OT
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Chargers
Dan Quinn's gamble with house-money backfires
6 penalties 'unacceptable' for Falcons offensive line
Philip Rivers confounds Falcons with short passes: 'He picked us apart'
Matt Ryan's late-game interception leads to overtime loss
PHOTOS: Chargers rally to beat Falcons
GAME SIX: Seahawks 26, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Seahawks
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons didn't win, but they made one guy believe (me)
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons got jobbed but did themselves proud
Matt Ryan's turnovers were costly
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Seattle slows down Falcons' running backs Freeman, Coleman
Ryan Schraeder, offensive line rebounds in second half
Julio Jones: 'It was just a missed call'
What the Falcons had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Richard Sherman non-commital on pass interference non-call
PHOTOS: Falcons at Seahawks in Seattle
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons' rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn't what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons' Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Raiders
Trufant's heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the "no-huddle" blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can't 'gift' opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC'S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case