Falcons coach Dan Quinn was clearly pleased with the team’s early free agent signings.
“We are still in talks with a couple of guys, but it is for sure winding down into that role,” Quinn said. “Specifically, some of the players now that we are visiting with, if we have an update over the next couple of days, we’ll reach out to you. …We are definitely in the winding down process.”
Here are 5 things to know about the Falcons this week:
1. PHASE TWO: The Falcons have moved on to phase two of their free agency program.
They missed out on linebackers Danny Trevathan and Jerrell Freeman, but are still searching for bargains.
2. BOYKIN SITUATION: We’ll need to monitor cornerback Brandon Boykin, the former Georgia standout, who's played in 64 games and made seven starts with Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
3. CHRIS LONG UPDATE: Former Rams defensive end Chris Long has a good visit with the Falcons and is set to make his decision this week. He is reportedly set to visit and workout for the New England Patriots today.
4. MONEY COUNT: Falcons tackle Bryce Harris was signed to a one-year, $820,000 deal with a $60,000 bonus. Quarterback Matt Schaub has a base salary of $1.25 million. The Falcons are projected have between $10 million to $12 million under the salary cap, but all of the contracts have not been filed with the NFLPA yet.
5. OFFSEASON CONDITIONING: The offseason conditioning program starts on April 18. (The offseason media water fitness classes start back up on Wednesday. Somebody has registered for the Peachtree and needs to start getting ready!)
FREE AGENCY STORIES
Falcons' Dan Quinn loyal to Shanahan, staff, amid heat
Linebacker Jerrell Freeman won't be joining Falcons
Falcons mulit-level free agency makeover underway
Weatherspoon hopes to revive career, where it started
Falcons, O'Brien Schofield at impasse
Falcons agree to five-year deal with center Alex Mack
Mohamed Sanu: 'I'm not trying to fill anybody's shoes'
2016 NFL COMBINE COVERAGE
Alabama defensive tackles (A'Shawn and Jarran) are NFL-ready
Falcons defensive line coach Bryan Cox gets into shoving match at NFL combine
Floyd, Jenkins are stellar NFL prospects
Firm helps NFL prospects prepare for newfound wealth -- 7 financial pitfalls they'll face
Ex-Georgia linebacker Jordan Jenkins has met with the Falcons
Clemson's Shaq Lawson interviewed with the Falcons
Nkemdiche has uphill battle to improve NFL draft status
Nkemdiche would love to play for the Falcons
14 questions with Georgia Tech standout Adam Gotsis
Falcons checking out interior linemen at the combine
18 questions with Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff
Quinn still evaluating the roster -- Nothing new on Roddy White
7 players the Falcons are watching at the combine
13 questions with Falcons coach Dan Quinn
5 questions with Duke punter Will Monday (Flowery Branch High)
26 State prospects hope to make impact at NFL combine
ATLANTA FALCONS OFFSEASON STORIES
Synthetic turf chosen for Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Falcons cheerleader training session on Saturday
Falcons' Smith leaving to run Ohio State's alumni association
5 positions for the Falcons to shore up
Dimitroff, Quinn have activated the '100-day' plan
Stay or go: Pick Falcons' defense
Stay or go: Pick Falcons' offense
Falcons owner Arthur Blank vows to fight cancer, move on Super Bowl bid
Here's what Blank is facing medically
Falcons released safety William Moore, linebacker Justin Durant
Falcons' Matt Ryan picks Panthers win Super Bowl 50
Arthur Blank on Dimitroff, PSLs and Super Bowl bid
Falcons leaning toward keeping Roddy White