FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons move into the final week of OTAs with three sessions set for this week.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons this week:
1. Final week of OTAs. The Falcons will conduct sessions seven, eight and nine this week. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs.” No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted. The Falcons will hold OTAs sessions today, Tuesday and Thursday this week.
2. Minicamp. The offseason program will close with the team’s mandatory minicamp June 14-16. The Collective Bargaining Agreement also gives clubs the right to hold one mandatory minicamp for veteran players, but this minicamp must occur during Phase Three of the offseason program. Here are the times for the practices that are open to the public.
3. Shanahan to speak. The team had denied repeated offseason media requests for Falcons offensive
coordinator Kyle Shanahan. Most of them shortly after Roddy White was released. He’ll speak to the media on Wednesday. Some of the topics will include reducing Matt Ryan’s turnovers, will there be more no-huddle offense, how will the Falcons cure their redzone woes and how Mohamed Sanu doing as the White replacement.
4. Matt Ryan update. Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will update us on how the offense is coming together and how he’s getting used to not having Roddy White for the first time in his career.
5. Cheerleaders’ photo shoot. The 2016 Falcons cheerleaders had a photo shoot on Sunday. Here are some of the photos.
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS -- POSITION BY POSITION
FALCONS' OFFSEASON SPOTLIGHTS