FLOWERY BRANCH -- After posting a record-setting 48-33 victory over the Carolina Panthers, the Falcons (3-1) are set to face the undefeated Denver Broncos (4-0) at 4:05 p.m. Sunday in Denver. After playing the Broncos, the Falcons will spend the following week working in Seattle at the University of Washington before facing the Seahawks on Sunday, Oct. 16.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Friday:
1. Excessive contact penalty. The Falcons violated the league and union practice rules that prohibit excessive contact in all offseason workouts, the league announced on Thursday. The Falcons will forfeit a week (three days) of organized team activities in 2017.
2. Roses for the wives. The day before the Falcons leave for a 10-day road trip the team sent red roses to players’ wives. Allison Tamme (wife of tight end Jacob Tamme) and quarterback Sarah Ryan (wife of quarterback Matt Ryan) posted images of the flowers on social media with thanks to the organization. The flowers included a card with a message from coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff: “Appreciate your support while we are on this trip and always. Go Falcons!”
3. PSL sales. The Falcons have sold about 33,000 personal seat licenses for the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium, generating about $181 million, according to the latest available figures obtained this week from the Georgia World Congress Center Authority.
4. Financial corner. AJC columnist Jeff Schultz has the Falcons, who are 6 point dogs, winning a low-scoring affair.
5. Did you play the game? Schultz and WSB's Zach Klein apparently didn't. They launched the, “We Never Played The Game” podcast on Thursday. Their first guest is Falcons owner Arthur Blank.
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24