FLOWERY BRANCH -- While you were out frying that Turkey and putting on your shoulder pads for some Black Friday shopping, the Falcons (6-4) were on their grind getting ready to face a desperate Arizona (4-5-1) squad at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Friday:
1. Injury report. Punter Matt Bosher (hamstring) didn't practice on Wednesday or Thursday. He set to test his leg today. Punter Matt Wile was added to the 53-man roster on Tuesday. Safety Kemal Ishmael (shoulder) and cornerback Desmond Trufant (shoulder/pectoral) were limited on Thursday. Wide receiver Julio Jones (shoulder) and defensive end Dwight Freeney (rest day) fully participated on Thursday. Running back Tevin Coleman (hamstring) also fully participated.
2. Practice. The Falcons are set to practice at 11:15 a.m. today. We'll get an indication on Bosher and Trufant's availability from the final injury report.
3. Deion Jones on the run defense. Falcons rookie middle linebacker Deion Jones wants to set the tone for the run defense. “It’s just a matter of our mind-set and getting lined up and playing with great effort,” Jones said. “Having that mindset that no one else is going to run the ball on us. That’s pretty much it, you know.” The Falcons gave up a season-high 208 yards rushing against Philadelphia and have stewed about it over the bye week.
They’ll get a prime opportunity to show improvement when they face emerging running back David Johnson (863 yards, 10 TDs) of the Arizona Cardinals.
4. Schultz's pick. AJC columnist Jeff Schultz has made his picks for the weekend.
CLICK HERE to see if he has the Falcons covering the four points against the Cardinals.
5. Pro Voting is under way. The Falcons should be well represented at the Pro Bowl this season.
The fan voting in underway.
The Falcons face a desperate Cardinals team, so how must Atlanta approach week 12? The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter and Noah Coslov chat about the game plan for Sunday.
GAME 10: Eagles 24, Falcons 15
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Eagles
Ryan, offense slowed down to a crawl
Perkins stalls key drive with costly penalty
Defense gets blown of the line of scrimmage
Keanu Neal can expect fine but Falcons' biggest issue is injuries (Trufant and Tamme)
Falcons go into bye week wrong way -- beat up by Eagles
What Dan Quinn had to say after the loss to the Eagles
What Matt Ryan had to say after the loss to the Eagles
What the Falcons had to say after the loss to the Eagles
PHOTOS: Falcons fall to the Eagles
5 things we learned from the Falcons' rout of the Bucs
GAME SEVEN: Chargers 33, Falcons 30 in OT
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Chargers
Dan Quinn's gamble with house-money backfires
6 penalties 'unacceptable' for Falcons offensive line
Philip Rivers confounds Falcons with short passes: 'He picked us apart'
Matt Ryan's late-game interception leads to overtime loss
PHOTOS: Chargers rally to beat Falcons
GAME SIX: Seahawks 26, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Seahawks
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons didn't win, but they made one guy believe (me)
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons got jobbed but did themselves proud
Matt Ryan's turnovers were costly
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Seattle slows down Falcons' running backs Freeman, Coleman
Ryan Schraeder, offensive line rebounds in second half
Julio Jones: 'It was just a missed call'
What the Falcons had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Richard Sherman non-commital on pass interference non-call
PHOTOS: Falcons at Seahawks in Seattle
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons' rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn't what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons' Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Raiders
Trufant's heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the "no-huddle" blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can't 'gift' opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC'S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case