FLOWERY BRANCH -- The Falcons (9-5) are set to play the Carolina Panthers (6-8) at 1 p.m. Saturday at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.
Here are five things to know about the Falcons on Friday:
1. Julio Jones to play. Falcons coach Dan Quinn announced that Al-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones will play against the Panthers. Jones has missed the past two games with a sprained toe.
He had 12 catches for 300 yards and a touchdown in the 48-33 win over the Panthers on Oct. 2 at the Georgia Dome.
2. Collins back, too. Also, the Falcons are getting back conrerback Jalen Collins (knee). The 6-foot-3 Collins will help in matchups up against Carolina's big receivers Kelvin Benjamin (6-5) and Devin Funchess (6-4).
3. Poole is a keeper. To rookie nickelback Brian Poole, being a Falcon is everything. The 5-foot-10, 211-pound defensive back went undrafted last April after a solid senior season at Florida. In May, Poole answered a call from the Falcons and was quickly signed as a rookie free agent. “It was a blessing,” Poole said. “Just to know that somebody believed in me to give me a chance, it means everything. That’s why I go out there and play so hard.”
Here's JuliaKate E. Culpepper's story on Poole.
4. Roster moves. Falcons promoted tight end D.J. Tialavea and linebacker Josh Keyes to the 53-man roster on Thursday. To make room, they waived defensive end Malliciah Goodman and safety Robenson Therezie. Tialavea was needed with Austin Hooper (knee injury) set to miss Saturday’s game against the Panthers in Charlotte.
5. Who's on the hot seat this week? Part of our weekly Gameday package is to determine, who's on the hot seat for this game. In other words, who needs to have a good game in order for the team to win. Some twitter nerds got all in a snit when we put quarterback Matt Ryan on the hot seat after he tossed a fourth-quarter interception earlier this season.
See who's on the hot seat this week.
The AJC's D. Orlando Ledbetter & Noah Coslov chat about Julio Jones' status, what makes this Falcons team different than years past & the teams that Falcons don't want to see in the playoffs.
GAME 14: Falcons 41, 49ers 13
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the 49ers
What Matt Ryan had to say about the win over the 49ers
PHOTOS: Falcons win over the 49ers
GAME 13: Falcons 42, Rams 14
REPORT CARD: Falcons handled their business against woeful Rams
GAME 12: Chiefs 29, Falcons 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Chiefs
Falcons still control their playoff destiny
PHOTOS: Falcons have a bad day at the office
Matt Ryan tormented by Berry's big interceptions
Beasley becomes a double-digit sacker
GAME 11: Falcons 38, Cardinals 19
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Cardinals
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons keep getting better as they go
Julio Jones gets calls this time
Taylor Gabriel continues scoring streak in win over Cardinals
Coleman scores TD in return from injury
Falcons' offensive line 'stepped up to the task'
GAME 10: Eagles 24, Falcons 15
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Eagles
Ryan, offense slowed down to a crawl
Perkins stalls key drive with costly penalty
Defense gets blown of the line of scrimmage
Keanu Neal can expect fine but Falcons' biggest issue is injuries (Trufant and Tamme)
Falcons go into bye week wrong way -- beat up by Eagles
What Dan Quinn had to say after the loss to the Eagles
What Matt Ryan had to say after the loss to the Eagles
What the Falcons had to say after the loss to the Eagles
PHOTOS: Falcons fall to the Eagles
5 things we learned from the Falcons' rout of the Bucs
GAME SEVEN: Chargers 33, Falcons 30 in OT
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Chargers
Dan Quinn's gamble with house-money backfires
6 penalties 'unacceptable' for Falcons offensive line
Philip Rivers confounds Falcons with short passes: 'He picked us apart'
Matt Ryan's late-game interception leads to overtime loss
PHOTOS: Chargers rally to beat Falcons
GAME SIX: Seahawks 26, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons loss to the Seahawks
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons didn't win, but they made one guy believe (me)
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons got jobbed but did themselves proud
Matt Ryan's turnovers were costly
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Seattle slows down Falcons' running backs Freeman, Coleman
Ryan Schraeder, offensive line rebounds in second half
Julio Jones: 'It was just a missed call'
What the Falcons had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 26-24 loss to Seattle
Richard Sherman non-commital on pass interference non-call
PHOTOS: Falcons at Seahawks in Seattle
GAME FIVE: Falcons 23, Broncos 16
5 things we learned from the Falcons upset of Super Bowl champs
MARK BRADLEY: The Falcons rock a rookie in the Rockies
What Dan Quinn have to say after the win over Denver
Coleman amassed 163 yards to power the offense
Vic Beasley has breakout game with 3.5 sacks
Kemal Ishmael moved to linebacker, led team in tackles
What the Falcons had to say after the win over the Broncos
Photos: Falcons battle the Broncos
GAME FOUR: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 48-33 win over the Panthers
Tweetcap: Falcons 48, Panthers 33
Old pro Freeney shows new trick with Falcons
Falcons' rookie Neal holds on vs. Olsen
What Julio Jones had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 48-33 win over the Panthers
Alford battled; Collins to return
Early view in NFC South isn't what most expected; Falcons on top
GAME THREE: Falcons 45, Saints 32
5 things we learned from the Falcons' 45-32 win over the Saints
Falcons, Saints protest with unity circle before game
REPORT CARD: Falcons earned high marks for drubbing Saints
What Dan Quinn had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What Matt Ryan had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
What the Falcons had to say after the 45-32 win over the Saints
Keanu Neal makes strong debut for Falcons
Falcons' Deion Jones runs for glory, not survival, in return home
AJC POWER RANKINGS: Falcons best in NFC South?
GAME TWO: Falcons 35, Raiders 28
5 things we learned from the Falcons' win over the Raiders
Trufant's heads-up play saves the day
Tight ends help to power offense
Weatherspoon plays strong in first start since 2013
Matthews, Schraeder held Mack sack-less
JEFF SCHULTZ: Falcons put on offensive show and win
What Matt Ryan had to say after beating the Raiders
What Dan Quinn had to say after the win over the Raiders
GAME ONE: Buccaneers 31, Falcons 24
5 things we learned from the Falcons' loss to the Bucs
No sacks for new-look Falcons pass rush
Julio Jones not worried about his ankle injury
Falcons have a case of the "no-huddle" blues
REPORT CARD: Falcons can't 'gift' opponents 17 points
FILM REVIEW: Beasley missing in action
AJC'S NFL POWER RANKINGS: Where are the Falcons?
Hageman charged is domestic violence case