FLOWERY BRANCH -- Falcons wide receiver Roddy White met with head coach Dan Quinn on Thursday morning before the team’s walk-through to clear the air and get a better understanding of his role in the offense.
After catching 80 passes last season, White is off to a slow start. The team is winning, but he didn't catch a pass in two games and his streak of 130 straight games with a catch was snapped in Week Two against the Giants.
Here are five things to know about the meeting:
- Roddy White is back on the train. Wide receivers coach Terry Robiskie told White to check his pride at the door and get on the train that he hopes will take the Falcons to the Super Bowl.
- White has to be patient. White indicated that he received some assurances that he’ll be more involved in the attack.
- White didn’t understand what the fuss was all about. “It’s really not a controversy,” White said. “My role is, what it is. .. It’s just certain things that just get out into the media and certain people just take it way too far.”
- It was a good sit down. “It went good,” White said. “We sat around and talked about what I wanted to do. What I expected and want I wanted to come from it from this point forward. It was really good. We had a good sit down. We just talked about football.”
- There was no breach of the brotherhood. Quinn talks about the players playing hard for the guy next to them. He feels that energy infuses the team with energy. "It was much needed conversation,” White said. “I walked out of there with my head up.”
The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter & CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview the Falcons game against Washington by talking about the potential return of Tevin Coleman & how to slow down QB Kirk Cousins.
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here's a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 48, Texans 21
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 24, Giants 20
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE -- FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24