The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's chats with CineSport’s Noah Coslov about the Josh Norman-Julio Jones matchup and the game plan to limit MVP favorite Cam Newton.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things you need to know on Wednesday about the Falcons (7-7), who play host the undefeated Carolina Panthers (14-0) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome.
1. PRACTICE: Falcons coach Dan Quinn will speak to the media at 12:05 p.m. followed by an open locker room session. The team is scheduled to hit the practice field at 1:05 p.m. for stretching and special teams. This is the "Championship Week" the Falcons have been building up to. They'll need to play at a championship level to upset the undefeated Carolina Panthers.“For us to be at our best, it’s not time to make things up, but we have to play our style of ball," Falcons coach Dan Quinn said.
2. PRO BOWL BOUND: Wide receiver Julio Jones and running back Devonta Freeman were selected to the Pro Bowl. It was the third selection for Jones. The Panthers had 10 players selected, including College Park native quarterback Cam Newton and former Georgia standout Thomas Davis.
3. COVER 9@9 BLOG: The Cover9@9 comes out at 9 a.m. every Wednesday. We take a look at Falcons rookie defensive end Vic Beasley, who is playing with a torn labrum.
4. JONES' RECORD CHASE: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan believes that wide receiver Julio Jones can break the NFL’s single-season all-time catches record. Jones has 118 receptions and needs 26 to break the record of 143 catches, which was set by Indianapolis' Marvin Harrison in 2002. Also, Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown has 116 catches and is also within striking distance.
5. TOP 50 COUNTDOWN: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is counting down the Top 50 players in Atlanta Falcons history during the franchise’s 50th anniversary season. No. 9 is offensive guard Bill Fralic.