The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter chats with CineSport’s Noah Coslov about whether Matt Ryan still gives the Falcons the best chance to win and what has changed since the Week 8 loss to the Bucs.
FLOWERY BRANCH -- Here are five things you need to know Wednesday about the Falcons (6-5), who play at Tampa Bay (5-6) at 1 p.m. Sunday at Raymond James Stadium.
1. PLAYERS ONLY MEETING: The Falcons held a players-only meeting on "Tell the Truth Monday." A lot of soul-searching is going on.
2. PRACTICE TODAY: The Falcons have a morning walk-through and practice at 1:05 p.m. Running back Devonta Freeman is expected to return to work after being cleared from the concussion protocol by the independent doctors. Falcons coach Dan Quinn will talk with the media at 12:05 p.m. before practice.
3. RYAN ON HIS PLAY: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan will talk to the media after practice around 3 p.m. Check back here for the video and a story.
4. IT'S ABOUT THE BALL: Defensive coordinator Richard Smith discusses his unit and if they are ready to carry the team.
5. SERIES RECORD: This will be the 45th regular season meeting between the Falcons and the Buccaneers. The series is tied, 22-22. The Bucs defeated the Falcons 23-20 in overtime on Nov. 1 at the Georgia Dome. They are going for their first sweep of the Falcons since 2010.
CHECK BACK AT 9 A.M. FOR THE COVER 9@9 BLOG TODAY AND EVERY WEDNESDAY-- What's the plan for life after Matt Ryan?
MINNESOTA GAME COVERAGE -- Vikings 20, Falcons 10
FROM THE FIRST MEETING -- TAMPA BAY GAME COVERAGE -- Bucs 23, Falcons 20 in OT