FLOWERY BRANCH — Here are the five things you need to know on Thursday about the Falcons (6-7), who play at Jacksonville (5-8) at 1 p.m. Sunday at EverBank Field. The Falcons have dropped six straight and seven of the past eight games.
1. PRACTICE: The Falcons are set to hold a light practice at 11:30 p.m. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media followed by an open locker room period.
2. GREAT GAME PLAN: Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones said that there has been some real collaboration t his week and that he really likes the game plan for Jacksonville. The locker room has been the upbeat for the first time in weeks.
3. SHANAHAN ON THE OFFENSE: Offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan said that the Falcons must find a way to improve on offense.
4. DIMARCO HONORED: On Tuesday, December 15, the 6th Annual Atlanta Falcons Community Honors Dinner fullback Patrick DiMarco was honored as the 2015 Atlanta Falcons Walter Payton Man of the Year.
5. SERIES RECORD: This will be the sixth regular-season meeting with Jacksonville. The Jaguars hold a 3-2 advantage. The Falcons won the last meeting, 41-14 on Dec. 15, 2011 at the Georgia Dome. The Jaguars won the last meeting in Jacksonville, 13-7, on Sept. 9, 2007.