The AJC’s D. Orlando Ledbetter & CineSport’s Noah Coslov preview the Falcons game against Washington by talking about the potential return of Tevin Coleman & how to slow down QB Kirk Cousins.
FLOWERY BRANCH — Here’s everything you need to know about the Falcons (4-0), who host the Washington Redskins (2-2) at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Georgia Dome, this morning:
- Roddy White is not disgruntled. Spoke to White for a long time Tuesday afternoon. We go back to his rookie year. He’s always been available and a straight shooter. Yes, he does want to be more involved in the offense. No, he’s not ticked about it. He knows his time is coming and he’ll be ready.
- The Falcons return to practice. This is the major install day of the week. Coach Dan Quinn will address the media after the walk-through and before practice around 12:05 p.m. There’s an open locker room session from 12:15 p.m. to 1:05 p.m. The players hit the field for practice at 1:05. After practice, defensive coordinator Richard Smith will be available to the media.
- Quarterback Matt Ryan will address the media. He always give a good breakdown of the opposing defense.
- The week's first official injury report will come out. We’ll be looking for updates on Jacob Tamme (concussion) and running back Tevin Coleman (ribs). We’re not expecting an update on linebacker Justin Durant (elbow) since he’s not seeing the doctor until Thursday.
- ICYMI – Hester to IR. Returner Devin Hester was placed on short-term injured reserve on Tuesday. The steady Eric Weems will continue to fill in at kickoff and punt returner.
How did the Falcons get to 4-0?
Here's a look back at the game stories, news and notes from their victories over the Texans (48-21), Cowboys (39-28), Giants (24-20) and Eagles (26-24).
TEXANS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 48, Texans 21
COWBOYS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 39, Cowboys 28
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 24, Giants 20
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE -- FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24