Falcons coach Dan Quinn spoke to the media at the NFL owners meeting today.
Here’s a quick-hitter on the six things we learned (Check back later for full story on the re-tooling of the offense):
1. Julio Jones to work out: Quinn is looking forward to having Julio Jones this offseason. After foot surgery, he missed last offseason and his timing with quarterback Matt Ryan was off.
2. Triple-option not on the way: Quinn said the offense will get some retooling. He said he hasn’t been over to Georgia Tech to put in the triple option, but they’ll definitely will spruce up that side of the ball.
3. The Austin Hooper project: He believes tight end Austin Hooper can improve his run blocking, too.
4. Players who can elevate their games in 2018: Quinn gave me his list of players he’s specifically looking at to improve to help elevate the team. Offense — Hooper and right tackle Ryan Schraeder. Defense — defensive end Vic Beasley, strong safety Keanu Neal and nickel back Brian Poole.
5. Who’s the returner?:Justin Hardy and Marvin Hall will battle for punt returner spot. Hardy and Reggie Davis for kickoff returner and possibly a drafted or undrafted rookie will be added to the mix.
6. Who’s the fullback: He’s taking applications. Asked me if I had anything left. I said, “No!”