FLOWERY BRANCH – The Falcons just completed their first day of OTAs on Monday.
We’ll speak to coach Dan Quinn and several players later. Check back for updates.
But for now, here are seven quick takes from the first session, which was attended by owner Arthur Blank:
1. Injury update. Returner Devin Hester (ankle/foot), right guard Chris Chester (shoulder) and center James Stone (knee) did not participate in the practice.
Defensive tackle Grady Jarrett (tendonitis knee), defensive end Adrian Clayborn (strained pectoral) and wide receiver Devin Fuller (hamstring) were also limited.
2. Second string. Quarterback Matt Schaub took the snaps with the second string offense.
3. Right guard. With Chester out, Mike Person took the work with the first team at right guard.
4. Right cornerback. Robert Alford lined up at right cornerback with the first team’s base defense.
5. Punt catchers. Wide receiver David Glidden and J.D. McKissic were back catching punts early in practice.
6. Where’s Hooper. Tight end Austin Hooper wasn’t at the session. There’s likely as graduation or academic conflict that we’ll ask Coach Dan Quinn about.
7. Defensive front. With Jarrett out, the defensive line was defensive end Tyson Jackson, nose tackle Joey Mbu, defensive tackle Ra’Shede Hageman and defensive end Vic Beasley. Brooks Reed, Paul Worrilow and Sean Weatherspoon were the linebackers.
FALCONS' OFFSEASON SPOTLIGHTS