FLOWERY BRANCH -- Here are five quick takes from Monday's practice.
The Falcons (2-1) are set to face the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2) at 7 p.m. on Thursday at the Georgia Dome.
1. Jones to miss game. Falcons All-Pro wide receiver Julio Jones, who suffered an ankle injury against Miami, will not play in the final exhibition game. Falcons coach Dan Quinn expects him back for the regular-season opener. Also, rookie wide receiver Devin Fuller, who suffered a shoulder injury, will not play against Jacksonville.
2. Neal out of surgery. Falcons safety Keanu Neal had successful knee surgery. Quinn planned to give him a call before heading to meetings after practice.
3. Sanu gets into it with practice ref. Wide receiver Mohamed Sanu made a nice catch along the sideline during the Falcons two-minute session. The practice ref ruled him out of bounds. Sanu was furious and told the ref "I got them down four times!" They went back and forth before Sanu return to the sideline.
4. Goldson mostly watching. Safety Dashon Goldson spent most of practice next to senior defensive assistant/second
ary coach Marquand Manuel. He got on the field for two plays during an install period.
5. Freeney returns to practice. Defensive end Dwight Freeney returned to practice.
Check back later for updates on AJC.Com and MyAJC. com
ATLANTA FALCONS DEPTH CHART
WR 11 Julio Jones,16 Justin Hardy, 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 6 Corey Washington
LT 70 Jake Matthews, 76 Tom Compton,66 Laurence Gibson
LG 67 Andy Levitre, 71 Wes Schweitzer, 64 Collin Rahrig
C 51 Alex Mack, 63 Ben Garland
RG 65 Chris Chester, 68 Mike Person
RT 73 Ryan Schraeder, 72 Bryce Harris
TE 83 Jacob Tamme, 81 Austin Hooper, 80 Levine Toilolo
86 D.J. Tialavea, 82 Joshua Perkins
WR 12 Mohamed Sanu,19 Aldrick Robinson,15 Nick Williams, 85 J.D. McKissic
QB 2 Matt Ryan, 8 Matt Schaub, 4 Matt Sims
RB 24 Devonta Freeman, 26 Tevin Coleman, 28 Terron Ward, 20 Brandon Wilds
FB 42 Patrick DiMarco
DE 99 Adrian Clayborn, 50 Brooks Reed, 93 Dwight Freeney, 96 Nordly Capi
DT 94 Tyson Jackson , 95 Jonathan Babineaux, 98 Cory Johnson
DT 97 Grady Jarrett, 91 Courtney Upshaw, 92 Joey Mbu
DE 90 Derrick Shelby, 77 Ra’Shede Hageman, 54 Malliciah Goodman
LB 44 Vic Beasley Jr., 41 Philip Wheeler, 52 Tyler Starr
LB 55 Paul Worrilow, 45 Deion Jones, 53 LaRoy Reynolds, 46 Matt Wells
LB 56 Sean Weatherspoon, 59 De’Vondre Campbell
CB 23 Robert Alford, 32 Jalen Collins, 29 C.J. Goodwin
CB 21 Desmond Trufant, 25 Akeem King, 34 Brian Poole, 43 DeMarcus Van Dyke, 33 Devonte Johnson
S 37 Ricardo Allen, 27 Robenson Therezie, 20 Sharrod Neasman
S 22 Keanu Neal, 36 Kemal Ishmael, 38 Dashon Goldson, 40 Damian Parms
K 3 Matt Bryant, 17 Shayne Graham
KO 5 Matt Bosher
P 5 Matt Bosher
KR 26 Tevin Coleman,14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
PR 14 Eric Weems, 87 Devin Fuller, 85 J.D. McKissic
LS 47 Josh Harris
H 5 Matt Bosher
ICYMI -- TRAINING CAMP STORIES
90-MAN ROSTER ANALYSIS -- POSITION BY POSITION