Here are five things we learned at OTAs on Tuesday:
1. Julio Jones update. Coach Dan Quinn gave a full Julio Jones update, and we wrote an article on that. Click here for that story.
2. Knapp on hand. New quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp has been working with his position group.
“Greg has been a significant addition for us, not just his knowledge at the quarterback position, at these times specifically, the technique side of the position,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said. “He’s got so many years logged in at that position, he’s got a really good eye. ... He’s on them in terms of a technique standpoint, which is exactly what I was hoping for.”
3. Levitre update. Left guard Andy Levitre is still recovering from triceps and knee injuries. Ben Garland was working at the left guard position.
“He’s making a push (to return),” Quinn said. “Our goal would be at the end of minicamp. I’m not saying he’ll play at that spot, but he’s making a push to be ready right around then. “He was dealing with his knee and triceps. He’s really put in good work. I’m excited about where he’s been over the last six weeks. When you see those big jumps take place, that’s certainly happened with him.”
4. Campbell working on line. Linebacker DeVondre Campbell spent some time working at left defensive end.
5. Injury updates. Quinn gave an offseason injury update.
“(Running back Devonta) Freeman, I thought he put the work in to really come back strong (from a knee injury),” Quinn said. “(Wide receiver) Mo Sanu, came back to start the offseason program. Justin Hardy, Takkarist McKinley and Andy Levitre. Although they are at different spots in their rehab and in their progressions, all of them have really busted it to get ready.”