Atlanta Lyric Theatre, the metro area’s only professional musical theater company, has announced a special summer show as well as its 2015-16 season lineup.
In an ambitious move, the Marietta troupe, which normally performs at Cobb Civic Center’s 600-seat Jennie T. Anderson Theatre, will stage “Cats” at the 2,750-seat Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre from July 17 to 19.
The Lyric also has announced the five-musical 2015-16 lineup for its third season at the Anderson Theatre, less than 2 miles from the Marietta Square.
The Lyric’s 36th season:
- Aug. 14-30: “Peter Pan.” A sprinkle of pixie dust to start season.
- Oct. 23-Nov. 8: “Young Frankenstein.” Mel Brooks high jinks.
- Feb. 12-28, 2016: “The Full Monty.” Unemployed steelworkers pull off, so to speak, a career change.
- April 8-24, 2016: “Dreamgirls.” The enduring appeal of backstage drama.
- June 10-26, 2016: “West Side Story.” Love amid the Jets and Sharks.
Subscriptions, $130-$230, are available via 404-377-9948, atlantalyric.com.
Tickets for the 8 p.m. “Cats” performances (not part of the subscription package) are $40.25-$61.50 via ticketmaster.com, 1-800-745-3000 or the Cobb Energy box office.