By Michael Carvell
UGA’s Recruiting Class for 2014
After UGA signed 33 last February for Mark Richt’s largest recruiting class since being hired as coach, the Bulldogs will likely return to a normal size for 2014. Maybe even smaller than normal. Expect the Bulldogs to sign between 21-23 prospects in February. They will likely pursue at least one prospect at every every-down position, with the exception possibly being quarterback (depending on if they get their top target). The biggest needs for UGA’s 2014 recruiting class are at running back (they need at least two) and defensive line (at least three).
After getting off to a slow start through spring, UGA cranked it up over the summer with a flurry of commitments.
Here’s a look at UGA’s list of 2014 commitments. Please click on the player’s name for a bio:
- Kendall Baker, DL-OL, 6-5, 270, Marist HS
- Jeb Blazevich, TE, 6-5, 230, Charlotte, N.C.
- Keyon Brown, DE, 6-3, 240, Wauchula, Fla.
- Nick Chubb, RB, 5-11, 216, Cedartown HS
- Detric Dukes, ILB, 6-0, 230, Tucker HS
- Jake Edwards, OL, 6-4, 280, Heard County HS
- Shattle Fenteng, CB, 6-2, 200, Hutchinson JC (Grayson HS)
- Lamont Gaillard, DT, 6-3, 310, Fayetteville, N.C.
- Kendall Gant, S, 6-2, 180, Lakeland, Fla.
- Gilbert Johnson, WR, 6-2, 190, Miami, Fla.
- Sony Michel, RB, 5-11, 195, Plantation, Fla.
- Jacob Park, QB, 6-3, 205, Goose Creek, S.C.
- Malkom Parrish, CB, 5-10, 186, Brooks County HS
- Dontavius Russell, DT, 6-3, 310, Carrollton HS
- Dyshon Sims, OL, 6-4, 270, Lowndes HS
- Shakenneth Williams, WR, 6-1, 195, Rutland HS
- Isaiah Wynn, OG, 6-2, 270, St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Nick Glass, S-LB, 6-1, 212, Peachtree Ridge HS (undecided)
- Demarre Kitt, WR, 6-1, 195, Sandy Creek HS (Clemson)
- Krenwick Sanders, WR, 6-2, 195, Wayne County HS (Wisconsin)
- Stanley Williams, RB, 5-9, 192, George Walton Academy (Kentucky)
RELATED: Click HERE to view Georgia Tech's 2014 class