Here are five things to know before today’s 1 p.m. kickoff at Mercedes-Benz Stadium between the Minnesota Vikings (9-2) and the Atlanta Falcons (7-4):
1. TRUFANT OUT: Desmond Trufant, the Falcons’ top cornerback, was ruled out on Friday by coach Dan Quinn. Trufant remains in the NFL concussion protocol program. He was hit by teammate Keanu Neal in the 34-20 win over Tampa Bay on Sunday.
2. RETURN OF FREEMAN: Running back Devonta Freeman is set to return to action after missing the past two games while in the league’s concussion protocol.
3. MATCHUP TO WATCH: Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones and Minnesota cornerback Xavier Rhodes. Jones is coming off 253-yard game against the Bucs. Rhodes slowed Jones is games in 2014 and 2015.
4. SERIES HISTORY: This will be the 28th meeting. The Vikings lead 17-10. The Vikings won the last meeting 20-10 on Nov. 29, 2015 at the Georgia Dome.
5. GRIFFEN WATCH: Minnesota’s Everson Griffen is tied for the league lead in sacks with 12. Falcons left tackle Jake Matthews will have his hands full.