Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 109-107 loss at the Suns Wednesday:
* Brandon Knight scored 23 points off the bench to lead the Suns.
* Dennis Schroder had a career-high 31 points and nine assists for the Hawks.
* Tim Hardaway Jr. tied his season-high with 26 minutes, playing down the stretch, and had 21 points.
The Suns had 13 offensive rebounds, to just seven from the Hawks. They had four in the final two minutes.
* Mike Scott made his season debut by playing a total of 3:37, all the first quarter.
* Leandro Barbosa had a fourth-quarter stretch where he scored eight of 10 Suns’ points as the built a double-digit lead.
* Dwight Howard had six turnovers and Dennis Schroder had five turnovers.
* Mike Muscala started for the injured Paul Millsap but did not score after missing all five shots.
* Millsap said after the game that he did not know how long he will be out but would see how he felt before Friday’s game.
“My rookie year, I got my car popcorned. I dropped it off at this little body shop. The car was clean but the smell was still there. That’s kind of what this feels like.” – Kent Bazemore on losing streak
The Hawks have a one-day respite before another back-to-back – home against the Pistons Friday and at the Raptors Saturday.