Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 116-93 loss to the Heat Wednesday night:
* Goran Dragic scored a game-high 27 points for the Heat and was 4 of 5 from 3-point range.
* Dion Waiters finished with 20 points and at one point looked at his red-hot hand after he stripped Paul Millsap and scored.
* Kent Bazemore had 14 points to pace the Hawks.
The Heat shot 48.4 percent from the field and that includes a 9 of 23 (39.1 percent) fourth quarter.
*The Hawks committed 16 turnovers, nine in the first half.
* Prince was ejected after a Flagrant Foul 2 on Whiteside with 5:53 left in the game.
* Thabo Sefolosha missed his second straight game with a left groin injury. Tim Hardaway Jr. started in his place.
* With Sefolosha out, the Hawks needed another wing off the bench. Rookie DeAndre Bembry got the nod over Prince by making a first-quarter appearance.
* Mike Budenholzer was a nominee for coach of the month for January in the Eastern Conference. The Hawks went 11-4 in the month. The Wizards’ Scott Brooks was the winner.
“We certainly didn’t look like we had a lot of pop. We had two days without a game. I don’t think it’s more a credit to Miami and we weren’t good. Fatigue doesn’t explain the difference tonight.” – Budenholzer
The Hawks conclude two road games in two days at the Rocket on Thursday.