Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 142-139 four overtime victory over the Knicks:
* Paul Millsap finished with 37 points, 19 rebounds and seven assists in 61 minutes.
* Kent Bazemore scored 24 points, including four 3-pointers. Two of the long-range shots came in the fourth overtime on his way to eight points.
* Carmelo Anthony had a game-high 45 points for the Knicks. He would have had more but for fouling out in the second overtime.
The Hawks had three players with double-doubles – all before the overtime periods. Millsap (37 points, 19 rebounds), Dennis Schroder (23 points, 15 assists) and Dwight Howard (19 points, 13 rebounds). The three did it one other time this season.
* The Hawks had a season-high 64 rebounds, 36 assists, 52 field goals and 119 field goals attempted.
* The Hawks outscored the Knicks 56-24 in the paint.
* Anthony was a minus-3 despite scoring 45 points.
* Howard was assessed a Flagrant Foul 1 after a review for a hit on Kristaps Porzingis.
* Thabo Sefolosha missed the game due to a left groin strain suffered against the Bulls earlier this week. Tim Hardaway Jr. got the start.
“I want to apologize to everyone who had plans after an early game.” – Kent Bazemore
The Hawks have back-to-back road games at the Heat and Rockets on Wednesday and Thursday.