Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 113-108 come-from-behind victory over the Rockets Thursday:
* Tim Hardaway Jr. scored a career-high 33 points, including 23 in the fourth quarter. His previous career-high was 29 points – or six fewer than he had in the final period.
* Dwight Howard returned to Houston and finished with 24 points and a season-high tying 23 rebounds.
* James Harden led the Rockets with a game-high 41 points with eight rebounds and eight assists.
The Hawks ended the game on a 36-11 run after trailing by 20 points, 97-77, with 8:27 left.
* Paul Millsap and Dennis Schroder did not play the entire fourth quarter.
* The Hawks won despite committing 21 turnovers.
* Millsap made a first-quarter 3-pointer to move past Jamal Crawford (282) for ninth on the Hawks’ all-time list.
* Thabo Sefolosha missed his third straight game with a left groin injury. Hardaway got the start again.
* The Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas was named Eastern Conference player of the month for January. Millsap was a nominee.
“When he gets that face. I call him Grover from the Muppet Babies. When he gets that face going and goes downhill, he’s tough to guard. I always tell him to attack, attack, attack. It opens up so much for yourself and everybody else.” – Dwight Howard on Tim Hardaway Jr.
The Hawks start a three-game homestand by hosting the Magic on Saturday.