Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 100-95 victory over the Mavericks Wednesday:
* Paul Millsap nearly had a triple-double with 18 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds.
* Ersan Ilyasova had 18 points and was 6 of 7 from the field, including 4 of 4 from 3-point range.
* Dwight Howard had 14 points, 12 rebounds and two blocked shots.
The Hawks held a 40-24 advantage in points in the paint. Howard had seven points and four rebounds in the first quarter, forcing the Mavericks to change their defense.
* The Hawks shot a season-best .563 percent (36 of 64) from the field after shooting .719 percent (23 of 32) through the first half. Their previous season best was .547 (41 of 75) in a win over the Thunder in December.
* The Mavericks had 22 turnovers. They entered the game averaging an NBA low 11.8 per game.
* The Hawks tied a season-high with 23 turnovers.
* Ersan Ilyasova drew a charge in the first quarter and leads the NBA with 28 charges taken this season.
* Mike Dunleavy was inactive and missed his third straight game due to right ankle soreness.
“Coach drew up a play. I just had to make the shot. It’s that simple. You have the opportunity you’ve got to make it.” – Paul Millsap on his shot with 30.5 seconds left that gave the Hawks the lead for good
The Hawks host the Cavaliers on Friday. The franchise will retire Pete Maravich’s No. 44 in a ceremony at the game.