Inside the box score and more of the Hawks’ 99-84 loss to the Clippers Wednesday:
* Blake Griffin had a game-high 17 points and nine assists in 30 minutes for the Clippers.
* J.J. Redick scored 15 points but making 5 of 8 3-point attempts
* Dennis Schroder led the Hawk with 15 points and seven assists.
The Clippers were 10 of 20 from 3-point range in the first half.
Buzzer beaters. It's just what Malcolm does ⏰ pic.twitter.com/XRrEqIs77m— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) February 16, 2017
* Hawks starters were a combined 18 of 50 from the field and a minus-78.
* Dennis Schroder had his streak of four 20-point games halted.
* Tim Hardaway Jr. improved on his career-best streak with his 11th straight double-digit scoring game.
* Dwight Howard moved ahead of Buck Williams for 13th on NBA/ABA all-time defensive rebounds list with 8,497.
* Thabo Sefolosha missed his ninth straight game with a left groin injury and will now get the All-Star break to continue his recovery. “Let’s give him that extra 7-10 days,” Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer said. “It seems like the wiser approach.”
“They were aggressive. They got up into us. Made us turn the ball over. They knocked down some 3-point shots - some contested, some not contested. That’s the game right there.” – Paul Millsap
The Hawks returned from the All-Star break on Feb. 24 with a home game against the Heat.