Almost from the time the Braves announced they would build a stadium near Cumberland Mall, fans have asked: Where’s the parking?
The Braves answered by releasing a lineup of 19 lots and decks where the team said it will sell parking for games this season.
Some have been built by the team. Most have been leased by the team from other businesses in the area for game use.
The lots are distributed widely around the stadium. The Braves said those that are more than a 15-minute walk from the ballpark will be served by a free shuttle.
The Braves’ parking prices will range from $18 to $23 per game, depending on location.
Highlights of the parking lineup:
- Three decks available for game use are on the 57-acre site that includes the stadium and adjacent mixed-use development. The Orange valet deck will be open only to SunTrust Club and Chairman Club season-ticket holders and to Champion suite holders. The Delta Deck will be available to season-ticket holders in the Executive club seats, Infiniti club seats and Infiniti suites. The Red deck, some of which will be allocated to residents of apartments in The Battery, will have a limited number of spots available for game use.
- Four other lots/decks are on Circle 75 Parkway, two calculated by the Braves to be less than a five-minute walk from the stadium and two said to be a 10-minute walk.
- Six lots are at businesses alongside Interstate North Parkway on the east side of I-75, accessible to the stadium by crossing a Windy Ridge Parkway pedestrian bridge over 75. The Braves describe three of these lots as a 10-minute walk from the stadium and three as a 15-minute walk.
- One parking facility is across I-285 from the stadium at the Cobb Galleria, accessible via pedestrian bridge, said to be a 10-minute walk but only available for selected games.
- Five lots that would be a 15-plus-minute or 20-plus-minute walk from the stadium will be served by shuttles.
Times vary on when the lots will be accessible before games.